- Adjustable Height - The floor stand has an adjustable height bar. The top frame will extend up to 38" in height. Find the ideal height for sitting in your favorite chair and set the height with one Easy Turn Knob and bolt.
- Tilts & Spins - It has the same features as our other models that tilt and spin. One oversized knob adjusts the angle of the frame and a lazy susan spinner controls the rotation.
- Removable - The top lap frame is removable since we have installed a magnetic plate that attaches to the lazy susan spinner.
- Interchangeable - The frame is interchangeable with any other size Original Design, Vented or Rug Hooking lap frames that we sell. Pop off the top frame and pop on another size. (Other sizes sold seperately.)
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED - The entire frame can be assembled or break down easily. In addition, it can fold up to a low profile for easy storage. Watch our video to see how quickly it goes together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=yAfUqXddEOA&feature=player_embedded
Handsome Stand is Art ItselfPosted by Unknown on 1st Jan 2015I have my new floor stand and hoop loaded with my latest project in the living room. It easily slides under my chair for hand-stitching whenever I have a few minutes or more. The stand is beautifully crafted and easily adjusts in height for me to sit in various places according to the best light of the day. The overall design reflects smart engineering and simplicity of construction, making this a perfect addition to our Craftsman home.
Feel like a QuilterPosted by Janet Joyner on 31st Dec 2014As a beginner I have been struggling with perfecting the technique of hand quilting. Along with my "Aunt Becky" My new hoop and floor stand are the answers I have been looking for. My stitches are improving, becoming uniform and smaller each day. I love my Barnett products. Great quality and I loved the video showing how to put it together. Thank you Harry.
Another beautiful and functional product!Posted by Vanessa on 5th Oct 2014I am a new hand quilter. After ordering the 14 in square vented hoop and being amazed by the quality, I decided to go ahead and order the stand as well.
As another reviewer stated, the difference in having the stand is amazing! It is so much easier to quilt this way, since the height is adjustable. The magnets on the back of the hoop make it so easy to attach to the rotating top of the stand.
It helps you keep the correct posture while quilting, your back and neck will thank you!
Again, the craftsmanship is beautiful! This stand also looks great as a piece of furniture, without a quilt in it. The finish is smooth and beautifully stained.
I highly recommend this stand if you are planning on ordering one of Harry's hoops or already own one. It is definitely worth the price and will make your (quilting) life a lot easier!
Great hoop and StandPosted by Peggy on 3rd Aug 2014I've found quilting a large piece very awkward and hot. SO I bit the bullet and ordered one of Harry's round 16" hoops. I love it because I can get my hand right in there to feel my needle without having to hold up a heavy quilt! BUT I'm only 5'2" and it was very large for the short length of my lap. SO once again I splurged and bought the stand. Oh my goodness, the difference that made. I love being able to turn the hoop in whatever direction I need too and let it stay from day to day on the stand. Right now I'm hand quilting a large, heavy t-shirt quilt but my next project is a small baby cross stitch quilt. I know Harry's stand will be versitile enough for most things I do. NOW practicallity aside, the work is beautiful. The cutting, the sanding, the staining is all excellant. I could not have spent my money in a better way. I'm 67 years old and this stand has made my quilting so much easier. I know I can pass the stand down to my daughters because it will be around much longer than I will! :)) Thanks Harry!!
Quality Floor StandPosted by Unknown on 8th May 2014The stand is beautiful! I can't wait to get a piece in it. The finish is so fine. The natural look is so rich. The stand was easy to assemble and looks great in the living room!!
Step 5 - Now remove the locking bolt as seen below. This will allow the height adjustment leg to pivot down into the front support legs for easy storage.
It should be a simple process that takes a minute or two tops. To assemble the frame, just reverse the process.