Monday, March 29, 2010

New Designs means fun in the shop.

My mind is always thinking of a new way to improve a design on the frames. My first attempt at a Tilt & Spin frame was driving me nuts! I new I could do better and I finally figured it out. A little Velcro and a change on the base, a couple new hinges and it was done. You would think my brain could take a rest, but no - it didn't. I started work on a frame that slides under your lap and on my second try - I got it. Perfect!!! Well, I say it was my second try, but I would say I experimented with 20 to 30 variations on paper and scrap wood. I built two. I now have a base that I consider to be a little to tall.

The latest endeavor is making my own hoops. Wow, it's a lot of work, but I bet you can't buy one like it in any store. Thick and heavy duty is the way I would describe them. I want to play a little more with them before I offer them on the Website. If anyone wants to test one, email me. I will make you an offer you can't refuse.

I am also considering making a low cost version of the frames. What do you think?

Well my kids are tugging at my legs, so I better get off the computer.

Have fun,
Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment