Sunday, August 14, 2011

New lighter frame designs from Barnett's Laptop Hoops!




I just wanted to share a couple of updates that I have made recently to the lap frames. Our Sit On Base has as slightly different set up. The first change is 3 small holes that I drilled in the pivot point. This now allows you to adjust the height of the base up or down about two inches. Prior designs had only one fixed height setting. This should help you find a comfortable height to set up your lap frame. The second change is less wood in the construction which means less weight. It may not sound like much, but I eliminated a redundant piece and cut another a little smaller and now it weighs 13 oz. less! I have also made the same change to our floor stands since they work with the same parts as our Sit On bases. The one in the picture above has the updates.



Older Style v.s. New Model




Speaking of floor frames... our 18" Vented Frame is now much lighter. I cut out a larger area of the base, so once again less wood means it weighs less. I may roll out the larger venting to our other sizes too.







I keep forgetting to update all the pictures on the website, but our Tilt & Spin Frames now have 4 adjustable angles v.s. 3.




Well I think that is about it for updates. If I think of any more, I will be sure to add it to the post.




Take care,

Harry Barnett







P.S.

Square hoops have arrived and I have been busy trying to make variations of all of our designs in each of the different sizes. This has not been an easy task, so if you don't see what you want on the site, just email me and I will make it for you.












No comments:

Post a Comment